12.27.2006

Stone of Jordan

For those of you that aren't "in the know," Stone of Jordan is an acoustic rock band that consists of myself and a good friend of mine, which we've essentially JUST started. But we're getting music together relatively quickly, considering our fairly full schedules (fucking school/low wage jobs), so I'm hoping we'll be gig-worthy within the next two months-ish.

I'm DYING to get back on stage. You can't imagine... such a feeling, there are no words.

Stone of Jordan, like I said, is an acoustic rock group. That means we play acoustic guitars, but not in a jazzy kinda way, or a tears-in-your-macchiato emo kinda way, but in a rock kinda way. Look up the acoustic versions of songs by Cold, Breaking Benjamin, 30 Seconds to Mars, Nirvana, Staind, basically any rock band that's bothered to do acoustic songs, and you'll at least get the general vibe.

Anyway, I'm really excited about it, we've got a couple of great songs already, and I think the material will continue to be great, so we're gonna be really really great. I write good music (no use beating around the bush, might as well just say it- you all can slap me later), and Bob's discovering that he can indeed write music, that also happens to be very good and goes right along with the style I'm writing in, so I'm really excited to be working with him and I think we can definitely entertain some people once we get a-giggin.

Once we're slightly more soli on a few songs, we'll record them and I'll start up the obligatory Myspace page. I'll keep you all (does anyone even read this blog?) posted on developments, of course.

But right now I'm fucking tired, and I'm getting up early tomorrow, so I'm off to bed now.

G'night.

No comments: