12.21.2006

Grade AIDS

So I used to have Grade HIV, but apparently now I have full-blown Grade AIDS, in which my grades, if left untreated, gradually degenerate into failure and eventually homelessness.

Okay, so my grades aren't that bad. But I was inspired to write this as a result of a conversation I just had with my girlfriend, in which she suggested that next semester, if a class is kicking my ass, I switch it to Credit/No Credit.

Her: "We'll catch it early if it happens."
Me: "Catch it early. Like a DISEASE. I have Grade AIDS."

Essentially, CR/NC means that as long as you get a C, you pass the class. If not, you don't get credit for the class. But either way, it's not factored into your GPA. So yeah, that's the standard treatment if you feel like you're coming down with something that JUST MIGHT BE Grade AIDS.

I don't think I'll be minoring in Philosophy after all. As much as I love the subject, curricula are ruining it for me. I think I'll just buy a few books on Nietzche and Descartes, and leave it at that.

In case you were wondering, "curricula" are the life-sucking academic equivalents of vampires, named for their progenitor, Curricula.

Learn something new every day, don't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found it...looks like you were right. :-)


http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/curricula