12.10.2006

An intro for this whole thing

Well I'm a webcomic whore, and lately I've been thinking about actually starting up a webcomic myself, but I then considered the great deal of effort that goes into that sort of thing. So, instead, I thought "Hey, how bout a blog?" Blogs are far easier to maintain, and I can say whatever the hell I want and won't have to worry about character/story/etc continuity.

Basically this blog will likely consist of me talking about music- mine, other people's, gear, recording shit, etc etc. I'll also wind up talking about things like college, movies, probably religion, etc etc... so don't expect this to be a straight up music critique blog. Like I said, I'm blogging so I don't have to worry about consistency ;)

All that said, I should lay down some disclaimers. I can get pretty harsh when discussing music I find disagreeable, and I also have very strong opinions when it comes to religion, philosophy, and politics. You'll probably wind up reading a bit on each of these topics here I'm sure, so if you'd rather not here me call Anne Coulter a plagiarizing Jesus freak whorebag who deserves to have all manner of horrors befall her, quit now before you try to sic the Bush administration on me. That wouldn't be good for ANY of the parties involved.

Well that's it for right now, I'm sure I'll post again manana.

Till then, everyone should check out the wonderfullness in my comics list at the bottom of this page, as well as the rise.fall.reclaim myu-zak page. That's one of my two current musical endeavors, rise.fall.reclaim being my one-man-band alternative rock project. Vocals, guitar, bass, keys, programming (including drums) all done by me, and I recorded all of it on my gorgeous little Apple iBook G4, using GarageBand (of course).

One more warning, now that I've mentioned my Mac- I am totally an elitist Mac bastard. I'll probably beat on PCs once in a while in this little bloggings as well, so just deal with it if you're still unenlightened and might get offended by my insulting your inferior machine.

Now that that's out of the way as well, I'll bear mentioning my other music project, Stone of Jordan (if you think that's funny, I love you; if not, don't worry about it and just assume it has some crazy deep meaning like it sounds like it does). Stone of Jordan is (currently) a two-man acoustic collab between myself and my good friend Bob. We both write/play guitar, and I do that whole vocalling thing (I am, actually, aware that that is not a word, but I like it anyway). WEe're working on stuff right now, and I'm sure I'll have a myspace up for us fairly soon. I just want to get some shit recorded first, and maybe play a few little gigs. But I'll keep y'all posted on the progress of both projects for sure, although Stone of Jordan is the only one that'll likely be doing anything for a while.

Well that was a shit-ton longer than I intended, but that's how it goes. Later kids

No comments: