4.28.2007

I sincerely hope

That all of you go here and listen to Marilyn Manson's new songs. Rather than Tim Skold simply jacking riffs from his former musical buddies KMFDM to insert into new Manson material like on the majority of GAOG, this new album is shaping up to be a COMPLETELY new musical direction for the band. The first time I listened to "Heart-Shaped Glasses" I was like... "No way." It's completely unexpected, yet entirely satisfying. "If I Was Your Vampire" isn't AS big of a departure as "Glasses", but it's still a pretty different sound and isn't what I really expected to hear. While Manson has always reinvented both the image and the sound of the band on each album, this seems to be the most significant departure for him thus far, leading the band into more of a gothy alt-rock kind of sound. The most interesting thing about it I think is that the whole feel is reminscient of certain elements of several of his other albums, as i he's taken bits and pieces of his old material and brought them together, creating something entirely new.

I love it, you all should check it out.

No comments: