1.01.2009

Everything I've (Lost/Gained)

It's strange trying to process everything that's occurred in the last few days. I lost the woman I love, the apartment I shared with her, my rather humble recording setup, and the vast majority of my privacy (as I am now sleeping on some friends' couch). My entire life was reduced to I believe 9 boxes, 3 duffle bags, several guitars, and an amp; plus my disassembled desk and three small shelves I took so I'd have somewhere to put my clothes while I'm here (no one likes living out of a suitcase).

The vast majority of my few belongings will remain packed for the 3 months I plan on staying here. It'll make life easier when I finally get a new place, and honestly, it's kind of liberating.

This whole thing is, really. I mean, it all sucks, clearly... but this is about as fresh of a start as you can get. And while I did lose many a good thing, I also lost many a bad thing... which is almost like gaining something, yeah? Few things are more draining than a relationship on the rocks, especially if it drags out for an exceptional period of time. In losing the worry, and the stress, and all of the bad feelings surrounding the whole thing, I gained a new degree of freedom I've not felt in a damn long time, if ever at all.

So here I am, a free man; a newborn once more, set loose in a new world partially of his own making... but mostly not. To do or die, to yank on my bootstraps till they break, to (re)discover the meaning of my own life.

Here goes nothin', right?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy New Year! Here's to fresh start, whether we expected them or not! Love you!!