1.10.2009

The End is Nigh

I know I've hit a low point when I'm emotionally affected by any of the crap that's on the radio. Some people would say it was obvious I'd hit that point when I quoted Sarah McLachlan (see last entry), but not me, no sir. It's radio rock.

As of tomorrow, I am on vacation. I have mixed feelings about this vacation. On the one hand, not going to work for ten days is phenomenal. On the other, I'm not really going to have any personal space in which to enjoy this time of rest and relaxation, due to my current status as The Guy On The Couch. And that's kinda, well, meh.

Then there's the third hand, which is concerned about the fact that I'm actually DOING something for several of my vacation days, which I do not usually do. I'm unsure about how I feel regarding my planned activities. I'm partly excited, partly wishing I had made no plans, and partly disappointed that if I'd made no plans it wouldn't really matter anyway because I'm The Guy On The Couch. Vacations should not be this fraught with distress and confusion, but they inevitably are.

Where am I? I mean, seriously. What the fuck.

No comments: