1.11.2009

Clearly I Have Issues

I had a dream last night that disturbed me just a little bit. It was one of those dreams (like pretty much all of mine) that is SO vivid, with color, sounds, smells, tastes, touch, everything, and so realistic (up until it became a Marvel/DC crossover somehow) that when I woke up I had no idea where I was or what was going on.

This dream started out with me in my current situation, Guy On The Couch. Somehow, I don't recall exactly, I met this girl. We went back to her place, hooked up, and I spent the night. During the course of that night, and the following day, we made this awesome connection, having great conversations, and just really understanding each other. She then suggested that since this was the case, why don't I stay with her instead of my friends while I'm saving up for a new place? I happily agreed.

However, this only lasted about a week and a half. She broke it off, then I was out on my ass with my few belongings (in this dream all of my possessions fit into a single duffle bag). I then proceeded back to my friends' apartment where I had been staying previously.

After I believe only a few days, I was contacted by, and then hooked up with a real-life female friend of mine whom I haven't seen since high school. She proposed the same scenario as the first girl, which I agreed to.

This one lasted for an even shorter period, after which I wandered around downtown Long Beach, just me and my duffle bag, staring at all the apartment buildings. I also went back to my old building, where I lived for about a year and a half, and spoke with the manager after exploring an apartment with a particularly quirky layout, which I positively loved. She informed me that rent in the building had gone up several thousand dollars.

Somehow after this I started dating Jenna Haze, which proved to be a tumultuous relationship indeed. This is where the "reality" of the dream started to come apart: the whole thing concluded with Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, and Huntress showing up and battling Norman Osborn, followed by some sort of dancing monkey circle or something.

I swear I didn't do any psychedelics last night. This sort of shit is just par for the course with my subconscious.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

eesh. why do you even drink? seems to me your subconscious is entertaining enough. though you may drink to subdue your subconscious. hmm ....