8.18.2007

A Perfect Album

I was listening to A Perfect Circle's album 13th Step when I came to a conclusion about the album. I think that 13th Step is one of the best albums I have ever heard both musically and production wise. I mean honestly, the production of the album is flawless. The tracks are arranged in the perfect order, the recording is excellent but not too over produced and everything is laid out without being too over arranged. Then the songs themselves just are amazingly well done. Maynard, Josh Freese, and Billy really put together some amazing tracks. (side note: it makes me want to cry when I realize APC won't be making any more awesome albums.)

Besides 13th Step, I can't think of many albums that achieve this level of excellence. Let me see if I can name them off (in no particular order):
  • NIN - Year Zero
  • NIN - The Fragile
  • Converge - Jane Doe
  • Radiohead - Amnesiac
  • Minus the Bear - They Make Beer Commercials Like This
  • Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
  • Failure - Fantastic Planet
  • Depeche Mode - Violator
  • Bright Eyes - Lifted or the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
So there you have it, the ten albums I think are pretty much Perfect in every way. What are your top ten albums and what makes them your favorite?

No comments: