8.19.2007

I MUST agree

that Thirteenth Step is one of the most flawless albums ever, and it's a goddamn motherfucking shame that they won't do it again. "WHY, Maynard and Billy, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

And goddamn do I miss Pop Up Video. That show was like blow for music lore geeks like myself.

Speaking of friggin awesome shit from the Nineties, today I decided that En Vogue needs to make some kind of massive comeback. Yum. Currently listening to Born to Sing, their first album, and... yum. "Don't Let Go" is like the quintessential love song for me.

How come pop music just sucks now? There are occasional pieces of gold here and there, but in general pop just... sucks. Record labels and media moguls and such just dilute the airwaves with so much cookie-cutter bullshit that almost nothing else gets through. Sad times. Money is, indeed, the root of all evil.

(Or was that women? Either way.)

Lesse... my top albums? Hmm...

(in no particular order)
APC- Thirteenth Step
NIN- The Fragile
Radiohead- Kid A
Deftones- White Pony/Saturday Night Wrist
Marilyn Manson- Mechanical Animals/Eat Me, Drink Me
Massive Attack- Mezzanine
The Unknownn- The Unknownn
Metallica- Ride the Lightning/Master of Puppets
Tool- Aenima

Single greatest piece of music ever written: Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Freaking Billy and Maynard need to suck it up and write more music. 13th Step is so amazing!

Haha holy crap, En Vogue thats awesome. Pop music does indeed suck and I've had to search far and wide to find a few good pop bands lately. The music industry is killing itself quickly and I hope they die soon so we can get back to real music not all these formula bands they pump out in droves trying to get us to buy their crap.

Good top album list btw. I still need to hear Saturday Night Wrist though lol.

As for Moonlight Sonata being the greatest piece of music ever written? I'd probably agree with you on that one.