6.06.2007

About damn time

So since I wrote that song mentioned in the previous entry, I've been writing a decent amount of guitar-based shit. Pretty basic stuff too, compared to the last electric guitar-based project I did, rise.fall.reclaim. That stuff was guitar-based, but I used a grip of effects and had quite a bit of layering going on, as well as electronic elements thrown in all over the place. This stuff is a lot more straight-up, just guitar, bass and drums, really simple sounds- clean, slightly distorted, and really distorted (as well as my ever-present reverb, for those who are familiar with my playing). I think I was more deeply inspired than I realized by the stripped-down rock vibe of Manson's new album (see entry: Eat Me). I'm pretty excited to be working on this sort of stuff again, especially writing some heavier stuff. I haven't written anything heavy in... what feels like forever, so this is rad.

That's about it.

-C.

No comments: