11.06.2007

Pandora's Box

I've been listening to Pandora quite a bit lately and I have to say that its pretty good at picking music it thinks I'd like compared to what music I've rated or added to the channel. Because of Pandora I've been listening to a lot of acoustic music, electro/acoustic ala The Microphones, and instrumental metal ala Pelican. One thing I would like to see though, is a better rating system. I think they could do better than like or dislike. I mean, I may like a song but I don't absolutely _love_ the song and there is a big difference there. I _like_ Elliot Smith but I _love_ Bright Eyes. Even without the more detailed rating its pretty good at picking out songs I'd like, out of the stations I listen to on my pandora profile. There are a few occasional odd songs out, Deftones on my instrumental metal station seemed kind of out of place, but even the odd songs usually go pretty well with the station. The only glaring annoyance I have with Pandora is how they limit skipping tracks, you can only skip about five before it doesn't let you skip anymore. Gah, I hate that so much. If I don't like the damn song, I don't like the damn song. I know its not Pandora's fault but its still damn annoying. If you haven't given internet radio a chance like I hadn't, Pandora is a good place to start so give it a try.

Sam

No comments: